to Set Up MS Outlook 2007 to Send and Receive
Setting Up Outlook 2007 to Send and Receive
Open Outlook. Select Account Settings... from the Tools menu.
On the Email tab, click New.
Select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click Next >.
Select Internet Email and click Next >.
Enter the following information for Email Accounts.
- Your Name: Enter the name you wish recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Email Address:This is the address that your contacts'
email program will reply to your messages. This is also the address
that will get recorded in your contacts' address book if they add you as a
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: Enter pop.maui.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter smtp.maui.net
- User Name: Enter your full email address
- Password: If you wish Outlook to save your password, check the box labeled Remember Password and enter your password in the text field.
- Click More Settings...
Click on the Outgoing Server tab, and check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then choose to Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming Server (POP3), the port number should be set to 110.
- Under Outgoing Server (SMTP), the port number should be set to 587.
Click Next. Click Finish.